Thursday, November 05, 2009

Say WHAT???

So I am sitting in the front yard watching the kiddos play and ride their bikes when Mark comes home. Little did I know what was about to happen! This is how the conversation went.......

Mark - "Did you see the e-mail on the church Yahoo Group?"
Me - "No" "Why?"
Mark - "Nevermind"...."Well, just check it out later when you get a chance!"

In true fashion, I forget that he told me and our night continues.

The following day, I get a phone call from Mark. Goes something like this....

Mark - "Did you see the message on the YG yet?"
Me - "No, I forgot all about it!" "I'll read it now"
(It reads something to the affect that there is a grandmother locally who is looking for a family to help with her 2.5 year old grandson. Long term.)
Mark - "I deleted the message off of my phone yesterday after reading it only to come in to work today and it pop up on my e-mail first thing this morning!" "What do we do?" "Why will it not go away?"
Me - "Ummmmm......I don't know....call the number and see what's going on and if we can help?"

Well, he called, and we met little Jonathan tonight! He is a precious 2.5 year old rambunctious little boy who was removed from his biological parents' home due to neglect. Grandma is unable to care for him b/c she already has his 4 year old bio sister ans is a single mom. In a nutshell, she is looking for a family who is willing to care for Jonathan long term and adopt him as his case progresses!!

I am really stunned & speechless! We were not actively looking for a child to adopt! Is this real? Does this really happen? What now?

**Knowing we will be dealing with the state is a little frightening to say the least but if this is what God is calling us to do.....we always have room!

stayed tuned....


No comments:

NEW BLOG

Check out our new blog for our Ethiopian Adoption!! http://www.totsites.com/tot/journeytoafrica