Tuesday, July 12, 2005


We recieved word today that the orphanage is having some difficulties with Chia-Ho's paperwork and that's why we haven't received anything. They were also trying to hold off on Ling-Wei's so they could send them at the same time.
Apparently, when Chia-Ho was at the Guang-Tz Orphanage the director there had been granted guardianship of the children so, when many of the children were transferred to Jonah House, they did a mass change of guardianship. Well, Chia-Ho was somehow missed in this process so, the director at the other orphanage still has legal guardianship of him. Problem being, he is no longer working there and no one knows where to find him. So Cathwel has petitioned the Taipei Government to appeal for guardianship of Chia-Ho. The government will then grant guardianship to Cathwel, they will sign the release and then the judge can approve the adoption. This will eliminate the search for the previous director of the Guang-TZ Orphanage and having him sign the release for adoption documents. Penny says that this could take 1-2 months at least just to get into the courts, but thought that this would be the faster route. So knowing this, we have decided that we will go ahead and proceed with Ling-Wei and return for Chia-Ho when everything is settled. This is really a hard decision. Chia-Ho's papers aren't ready and they can only guess at how long it will be until they are, but Ling-Wei has been waiting to come home since the end of May. Only God knows what will happen and when our children will come home to us. Please pray for us!

No comments:


Check out our new blog for our Ethiopian Adoption!! http://www.totsites.com/tot/journeytoafrica