Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our first week home!

What a whirlwind our first week has been! Things are getting back to normal, although it is a new normal. It has been 12 years since we have had a baby and boy is it a shock to have a baby around again! No more picking up and running out the door spontaneously! It takes much more preparation to just go to the store for a few quick items! We are loving the new normal though! I do have to say that there was one day that I had to stop and ask myself if I had even brushed my teeth!! That's pretty sad! Between jetlag and the new night schedule, things can get forgotten!
Over all, it has been really great! Myliah is adjusting very well and has just found her little place in our family! She has such an amazing spirit and loves to be the center of attention! She is still not sleeping very well but I'm sure that will come with time! After all, it's only been a week!
She has about a dozen different faces that she makes and she gets lots of laughs from them!! I think that's the idea! She also claps, blows and gives kisses! Her kisses are still the wide open mouth and slobbery ones but those are the best ones! She started waving goodbye on Sunday at church and now waves at everyone that passes by! And, if you dare not speak to her, she will let you know how unacceptable that really is!
I'm beginning to wonder if she will ever get a chance to learn to walk though due to her brother and sister carrying her around so much! We have her first head to toe well baby check on Friday so we will see how the ears are coming along! We are also beginning to wonder if she may be a little lactose intolerant due to the amound of spitting up she does! We'll see!
So, in a nutshell, we are doing great! Bonding and attaching is going much better than we could have asked for and life is sweet!!

P.S. - All of our pictures are still on the little laptop that we took to Ethiopia so I still have to get Mark to help me access them and I promise pics will come soon!

2 comments:

Karen BeTheChange said...

I saw Mark at school the other day. He was so happy and bragging on sweet Myliah. I can't wait to meet her in person :) I hope the sleep situation improves for all of you (and soon!). Also hope you get a great report from the ped Friday. Looking forward to more pictures and another update. ~Karen

Carpenters said...

Welcome home, friends! I'm so glad that the adjustment is going well. It sounds like Myliah is getting lots of love from her brothers and sisters! That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you all.

With Love,
Penelope

NEW BLOG

Check out our new blog for our Ethiopian Adoption!! http://www.totsites.com/tot/journeytoafrica